Friday, February 17, 2012

Skinny Mode: The Quinoa Diet

A week before a shoot I go into skinny mode: two work outs a day paired with the quinoa diet. I rotate my workouts between yoga, circuit training, running & 200 crunches before bed. I’ll start my morning with a protein smoothie, snack during the day then make a veggie and quinoa medley for dinner (always before 7:30pm). 

Quinoa is exceptionally high in protein, amino acids, iron, fiber & magnesium (key for everything from mood support to electrolyte balance). Being fiber-rich it fills you up and gives you slow-burn energy (meaning you feel full longer, thus reducing your appetite). Finally, quinoa’s high protein helps you burn fat and calories. The quinoa diet works every time!

photo by roboppy

Daily go-to healthy snacks: gluten free granola with blueberries & almond milk, apples & almond butter, celery & hummus, avocado toast, quinoa, KIND bar or smoothie.
 

Here's my favorite quinoa recipe: coconut veggie quinoa


No comments:

Post a Comment