Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Stoopid Rebelution Show



Last Saturday the Surf Roots team and I trucked it down to The Verizon Wireless Amphitheater to interview Slightly Stoopid, Rebelution & Don Carlos for the end of their Seedless Summer Tour. Slightly Stoopid was one of my favorite bands in high school, and I had never seen them live. Needless to say, I was pretty stoked for this interview and show. 




My first subject of the night was the Jamaican legend, Don Carlos. DC is one of the top "message" reggae singer in the world and Slightly Stoopid brought him along as their special guest. So during DC's interview he was sending a message of love to our viewers, only problem was I could understand about half of what he was saying.




Our next interview was with 3 of the 4 Rebelution boys. This band is the most humble and happy band I've ever interviewed, and having previously interviewed Eric, we picked up right where we left off...laughing. 




And the last interview of the night was with Ry-Mo the drummer of Slightly Stoopid.






After we finished the interviews our crew got to hang out backstage all night, and once the show started we were on stage rockin' our socks off :)

But at the end of the night, I have to say that Rebelution stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment