Monday, September 12, 2011

The Granola Monster



Since I am so incredibly in love and addicted to granola...today I woke up and decided to make my own. With a little help from my 2 favorite brands (By Hand & Bakery on Main) and my favorite cook (Peggy Curry), I raced to whole foods to stock up on my ingredients and hit the kitchen determined to make the most delicious gluten free granola...and I did, I call it THE GRANOLA MONSTER.


Ingredients:

- Coconut oil- 1/4 cup
- Canola oil- 1/4 cup
- Honey- 1 cup
- Vanilla extract- 2 tablespoons

DRY
- Bob's Redmil rolled oats- 3 1/2 cups
- Oat bran- 1/2 cup
- Coconut flour- 1/4 cup
- Glutino gluten free frosted corn flakes- 2 cups
- Coconut flakes- 1 bag of Danielle's
- Shredded coconut- 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon 

NUTS/ FRUIT/ SEEDS
- Raw pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds & dried cranberries- (I used a handful of each)
- Flaxseed- ground 1/4 cup





1) Preheat oven to 350ยบ

2) Put all the dry ingredients, seeds, fruits & nuts in a bowl. Mix together.


3) Melt all your oils & honey on low, then add the vanilla to the pot (see above).

4) Pour the oils, honey & vanilla into the bowl and mix it all together with cleanly washed hands.



5) Then lay flat on a cookie tray with parchment paper. Make sure to pat it down so it's not too thick, when it's too thick it won't hold.

6) Sprinkle cinnamon on top

7) Bake 30 minutes- 15 minutes on one end, then spin the tray in the oven for another 15 minutes. 




8) Let it cool for 20 minutes- that's when it hardens. 


Then enjoy




Enjoy your granola with:
- Almond milk
-Soy milk
- Fresh fruit
- Ice cream
- Coconut yogurt


I made sure to be eating my granola the entire time I was writing this blog to remind myself how delicious it is...and I finished it. Whoops.



No comments:

Post a Comment