Monday, December 19, 2011

Justice is Served

After 6 years of blowing off jury duty, I finally gave in and was summoned to downtown LA. The first 5 years I was either in school or studying abroad, but after my last failure to appear (because I was working in China) I got the "you will be fined" notice if you don't respond or reschedule. 

For once in my life I was over an hour early- trying to beat the traffic...and it bit me in the booty because I had to camp out on the street until the doors opened at 7am. And let me tell ya, this is not a safe place for a girl to be out on the streets in the dark. 

So here I am in my 8th hour of sitting at the criminal justice court, and I must say it's not as bad as I expected. With free internet, finding a friend- Kevin Glass and a 90 minute lunch break, I actually had a fun adventure getting lost downtown for lunch...

street art on my journey to find Organics To Go

wondering through central market on my way to the jewelry district...a total flash back to the street markets in Florence (if you're every in Florence Italy, check out Mercado Centrale, it's a food lovers dream)

this looked so fun...a stair trolly


After an hour of walking in circles & trying to find this Organic's To Go restaurant (that was in the "places to eat for lunch" video they showed us before our break) I stumbled upon Cabbage Patch- a farm fresh, and vegan friendly cafe at 520 W. 6th street.

I got a delicious beat, avocado & roasted veggie salad to go


If you're ever by the jewelry district in downtown LA and need to stop for lunch, GO TO CABBAGE PATCH. It was deliciously fresh.



T-2 hours until I'm home FREE. 



No comments:

Post a Comment